Whether you connect to the internet for work or to post updates on your social media accounts, there is no doubt that having a reliable internet connection is important. This is particularly true when you’re traveling (or when you’re a freelancer and a blogger like me).
When you have reliable internet access, even those times when you’re stuck in traffic in between destinations, you become more productive. You can update your Facebook status, post photos on Instagram, or even edit videos or photos using online tools.
Of course, you can just easily buy a SIM card in the country you’re traveling and use it to go online. However, it means you have to have an extra phone (if yours is locked to your carrier) or a Wifi router. In other countries as well (like India), it is not so easy to buy a SIM.
That’s why I was glad I got to try out the Flytpack Pocket WiFi the last time I went to Thailand. It is a personal wireless router that connects any WiFi-enabled devices to the internet with a secure network connection.
Here are top 3 reasons why you should bring Flytpack on your trips.
1. You don’t have to worry about staying connected
Flytpack is a travel Wi-Fi router rental that allows you to access the internet anywhere in the countries where the service is available.
It offers its services in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Cambodia, Guam and Saipan, South Korea, Japan, China, Vietnam, the Maldives, Australia, US, Europe, and Canada.
Have several devices? No worries. You can share your Flytpack Wi-Fi connection to between 5 and 8 devices at once, depending on the model of the router.
2. It is affordable and easy to use
Compared to the amount you need to pay for data roaming charges, Flytpack Travel Wi-Fi is affordable and often provides better internet connectivity than the ones you find in many hotels.
Of course, the amount you need to pay for web access depends on the country you are visiting. For example, you will need to pay Php 280/day if you’re traveling to Japan and if you’re visiting Canada, the rate is Php 500/day.
Whether you’re a techie or not, Flytpack is easy to use. After all, the router is already pre-configured for hassle-free internet connectivity in your travel destination. To use it, you simply need to turn on the device and enter the Wi-Fi password. After that, you are good to go.
3. It doubles as a power bank
Low battery is the bane of travelers, but you won’t have to worry about not having enough juice for your phone and other devices if you have Flytpack. Unlike most power banks that weigh a ton, the mobile router is light and slim making it convenient to carry around in your pocket.
Typically, you can use Flytpack nonstop between 6 and 8 hours when it is fully charged. Of course, its battery life depends on data consumption, the condition of the radio wave, and the number of devices connected to the router.
How to Start Using Flytpack Travel Wi-Fi
Before you can begin to enjoy the benefits of using Flytpack, you need to follow these steps at least 5 business days before your departure.
- Go to Flytpack’s website by clicking this link.
- Book your Wi-Fi router by answering the following questions: Where will you travel? When is your departure date? When is your return date? How many routers do you need?
- You also have the option of adding a router insurance so you won’t have to worry about the device getting damaged, lost, or stolen. Once you’ve filled in those fields, you will see the total rental fee that includes a deposit of Php 2,800, which will be given back to you within 7-14 business days after you return the Flytpack. Then, click on the red box labeled “Quick Book” to continue.
- The next step determines how you prefer to get and return the Flytpack device. You could pick it up yourself or have it delivered to your address via courier. For the return, you could return the Wi-Fi kit yourself or have a courier pick it up at your address.
- You can then proceed to payment through either a bank transfer or using a credit or debit card. Be sure to provide a discount code, if you have any.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does rental begin and when does it end?
Flytpack router rental begins on your date of departure and it ends on the date of your return.
When will booking be confirmed?
Booking will be confirmed as soon as payment is made.
When will the router be delivered to my address?
The router will be delivered within 3 days before the date of your departure.
When will the router be picked up from my address?
The router will be picked up within 3 days after the date of your return.
Do I need to pay for the router insurance?
Router insurance is optional.
Can I use Flytpack Wi-Fi router when traveling to different countries?
Yes. Flytpack offers two cross-country packages: Asia Package and Asia + Australia Package.
When you have Flytpack Wi-Fi router, doing Facebook live posts, uploading photos of your trip on Instagram, and chatting with your friends and loved ones become super quick and easy. When you have Flytpack as a travel companion, you won’t have to worry about missing out on important updates online or dealing with language barriers.