Home » Asia, Guides and Tips, India

India’s Tourist Visa on Arrival for Filipinos

12 April 2013 12,085 views 77 Comments

The visa application can be a harrowing experience for Filipino travelers. Aside from coming up with a number of requirements to prove you’re not going to overstay (e.g., for a Schengen visa) or that you have enough money to cover your trip (e.g., Chinese visa), you would also need to spend time and money to apply for it.

Taj Mahal

The incredible Taj Mahal of Agra, India.

I was very glad, then, to learn that India has allowed tourist visa on arrival (TVOA) for selected nationalities. Aside from the Philippines, ten other countries can take advantage of this great convenience: Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, and Indonesia.

Processing the Tourist Visa on Arrival in India

First off, there are only four international airports where the visa on arrival (valid for 30 days from the time of entry) can be processed. These are in Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai.

Based on my research, I brought all these with me, to make sure I have everything that the immigration officials may ask from me:

1. Cash payment of US$60
  2. Photocopies of my passport
  3. 2 pcs. passport-sized photos
  4. Bank statement
  5. Credit card statements for the past 2 months
  6. Printout of my first night’s hotel booking

When I arrived at the Immigration in Kolkata, I immediately asked an officer where I can get a visa on arrival. He pointed to an office just left to the immigration counters. There were around four staff members there, and when I stated my business, one gave me a form to fill out while another took my passport to photocopy. After I had filled out the form, I attached my picture and that was it.

Kolkata Immigration

My receipt for the visa on arrival in Kolkata, India.

Tips in Getting the Tourist Visa on Arrival in India

Do note that they accept only rupees, not US dollars as some websites report. As I only had US dollars with me, one of the staff there had to accompany me to the money changer in the arrival area to change my money. A process that could have taken 30 minutes took over an hour because of it.

India visa

My single-entry visa good for 30 days.

Note that you can only take advantage of the tourist visa on arrival in India twice in a calendar year, with at least two months’ gap between each visit.

To summarize, these are the things you need to get the tourist visa on arrival in India:

1. Cash payment of INR3,300 (change your money somewhere prior to your arrival to save time)
  2. Passport-sized color photo, 1 pc.

Nothing could be much easier, eh?

One more tip: give exact change. I gave INR3,500 and later, when I asked for my change, the staff said he had already given it to me. I insisted that he hadn’t yet, and after a few back-and-forth, he finally relented to give my change.

How to Commute to the City from the Kolkata Airport

If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a taxicab getting out of the airport (it’s very far from the city), take a bus. Once you exit the airport, turn right until you see a few buses parked at the curb. Not all of them pass by the metro, so just ask the driver or conductor.

As they may not speak English, it would be enough to say “Metro?” If they give you a long answer, that probably means no. The second bus conductor I asked just gestured me inside the bus, nodding all the while. Fare from the airport to the nearest metro station (probably the Mahatma Gandhi) is INR40.

Have you tried the visa on arrival in India? What was your experience?

• Joshua Berida said:

at least hindi na kailangan ng mga bank or credit card statements, which airline did you use? and how much are the plane tickets?

@ Joshua: I bought Air Asia tickets during one of their seat sales. My KL-Calcutta-KL ticket cost P6,000 while my Clark-KL-Clark ticket cost P4,000. So total P10,000. :)
    Aleah recently posted..India’s Tourist Visa on Arrival for Filipinos

• Lauren said:

Thanks for the tips! <3 i am so scared of visa applications and i can't imagine the trouble of going to another city just to file for a visa. Now i can add India to a list of destinations i can sneak off to for a long weekend :( Long term travel isn't possible with me yet :(
    Lauren recently posted..Dancing to the Rhythmic Beat of the Bongo Island Drums

• Photo Cache said:

They do only take rupees at the airport. While my overall tour experience of India was great, I had a lousy experience with airport and airline workers in both Delhi and Mumbai, especially Mumbai, very rude….and NO they don’t take dollars.
    Photo Cache recently posted..Skywatching while walking.

@ Lauren: When you go to India, take a longer time to stay there. Long weekend is definitely not enough haha
    @ Photo Cache: It’s weird that their immigration website says that they accept dollars. Very misleading. Except for that incident with my change, the people at Kolkata airport were very nice though.
    Aleah recently posted..India’s Tourist Visa on Arrival for Filipinos

• Sugam Singhal said:

Hi Aleah!

So finally you’ve arrived in India. And you already visited The Taj Mahal. Did you get to know the history of the beautiful monument? Its mesmerizing. Truly!

I am currently in New Delhi, the capital of India. Please feel free to contact me through my email id for any help. I hope you have a pleasant stay and an equally exciting journey here in Incredible India. :)

• lakwatserongtsnelas said:

cool! very informative blog! now i know i can go to india without the hassle of applying visa here which requires numerous documents to present (according to a friend who previously applied for one) thanks for this post!

@ Sugam Singhal: Yeah, the Taj is really breathtaking! It was good I had seen it at sunrise. I left New Delhi on April 8th though. I’m back home now. I really enjoyed India!
    @ Lakwatserong Tsinelas: I agree, the visa on arrival process is really a huge convenience for us!
    Aleah recently posted..India’s Tourist Visa on Arrival for Filipinos

• RON | fliptravels.com said:

Hey kwento some more on this india adventure!
    RON | fliptravels.com recently posted..soporific pai

• Dennis said:

Never been to Calcutta but I imagine aggressive touts were there as well (like New Delhi).
    Dennis recently posted..Barbados

@ Ron: I will! Soon! hehe
    @ Dennis: Yeah, there were, but not as many as I expected. :)
    Aleah recently posted..India’s Tourist Visa on Arrival for Filipinos

• Filipina S. Mendoza said:

which airport is nearest to Taj Mahal

@ Filipina: Delhi is the nearest. From there, you take an overnight train to Agra where Taj Mahal is.
    Aleah recently posted..India’s Tourist Visa on Arrival for Filipinos

• frugal expat said:

Thanks for the tip Aleah..
    frugal expat recently posted..Re- registration of Etisalat Mobile Numbers

Looks like you got an amazing ticket deal to India from Air Asia :)
    Salika Jay recently posted..6 Best Family Days Out In Britain

• Lyndsay/ Discount Travel Blogger said:

Thanks for the tips! However, I just read a recent post from Airasia.com that India has lifted the 2 month gap restriction already.

Source: http://www.airasia.com/th/en/latest-news/india-entry-requirement.page

Would be good to know. I’ll keep following your India posts for sure… :)
    Lyndsay/ Discount Travel Blogger recently posted..10 What To Do’s in Yangon

@ Frugal Expat: Thanks for dropping by!
    @ Salika Jay: Yeah, it was a very good deal :)
    @ Lyndsay: That’s nice to know. I wonder if it covers those who get the TVOA?
    Aleah recently posted..India’s Tourist Visa on Arrival for Filipinos

• James said:

Very informative Aleah. I’ll bookmark this for future travels to India :)

• Daryl said:

this is great news! always been wanting to go there.
    would you know when this will be permanently implemented?

• Jan Ashlee said:

Hi Aleah! Thanks for the info! my only problem now is how to buy an expensive plane ticket to India! hehe. I wish I can go there soon, India is so rich in culture and I wanna learn more stuff about hinduism. wish me luck! lol

Jan Ashlee

• apol said:

wihihihihi such good news!!
    apol recently posted..Difficulties Mean Travel

• Trudy I. Peck said:

can get a Tourist Visa on arrival with a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry facility by the Immigration officer at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata Airports and NOT in any other Immigration Check Posts(ICPs).

• S Raul said:

You might want to add that the Tourist Visa on Arrival has been introduced in 5 more cities: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kochi, Trivandrum and Goa. (http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-05-08/india/39115203_1_visa-regime-voa-inter-ministerial-coordination-committee)

• Ping said:

Hello Alleah, thank you for your very informative post. I just want to clarify and make sure of everything since it will be my first trip abroad. So to be able to reach india through TVOA, (1ST: is to purchase roundtrip ticket to india, 2ND: after purchasing the ticket i can fly to india right away, 3rd: after the arrival, go to immigration counters showing the required documents for the visa and pay the fees needed. Is is this all that i will do? I hope to see ur reply on my query. As i need to make sure. Thank you. and Godbless.

• Maria said:

Hi Aleah,
    Greetings!I have visited some places of India and got my visa from here.It’s great knowing that you got the VOA.Hassle free from gathering so many documents for applying visa.And now we can fly to India just to have a round trip tickets and hotel bookings..I would like to ask if I would take a flight from MNL-KL-BANGALORE,If I will pass through Kuala immigration then check-in again bound to Bangalore..I hope you can help me this.Thanks!

@ Maria: Even if your ticket is a connecting one via KL, you still have to pass by the Malaysian immigration for them to stamp your passport, since you entered their territory. Once you’re out of the arrival area, just follow the directions for the transfer passengers. You don’t have to check in again, if it’s a connecting ticket, but you do have to pass immigration again before you can board your flight.
    Aleah recently posted..Where to Stay in Batanes—Marfel’s Lodge

• Maria said:

Hi Aleah,
    Ah Okay..What about the immigration here in our country..?Is there some interrogation regarding visa and everything?As I have heard that some passengers ddint able to get their flight bound to India because of the tourist visa issue.
    By the way,did you took a flight from MNL-KL via Air Asia..? Thanks for the reply..God bless!

@ Maria: Yeah, my tickets were from Air Asia: Clark-KL-Clark, KL-Kolkata-KL. They don’t ask if they see that you’re well-traveled already. If you’re not, they may, so be ready to just answer their questions confidently. Bring your company ID and company brochure just in case. Check beforehand that your destination airport in India accepts VOA. Not all do that.
    Aleah recently posted..Where to Stay in Batanes—Marfel’s Lodge

• Maria said:

Hi everyone!I have been to India last May 29-June 8.Is it okay to go back again next month..?Is their some restrictions regarding the entry ?I will obtain for the VOA..gonna be my first try ! Thanks

@ Maria: As I said in my post above, you can’t use VOA consecutively. There must be a gap of at least 2 months. If it’s your first time to use VOA, then there’s no problem.
    Aleah recently posted..Where to Stay in Batanes—Marfel’s Lodge

• anton said:

hi there. i’m anton from davao. this entry helps me sa ako plan to go to india. kolkata ang entry ko (from malaysia). i intend to avail the VOA. from your entry, you mentioned 2 important things to comply to be given a visa: the cash payment of INR3,300 and passport size colored photo. that was it? hope i can correspond with you. i will be there on the 22nd of july. salamat.

@ Anton: Hi! Yes, that’s all that was asked of me. As I mentioned, you will be given a form to fill out (this is in the office at the left side of the immigration counters). Once you accomplish it, attach a photo, give your passport to be photocopied, plus pay the fee, you’re done. Have fun in India!
    Aleah recently posted..Things to Do in Puerto Princesa, Palawan

• anton said:

salamat kaayo…. hope you don’t mind if i ask your stay in kolkata, delhi and varanasi. this is too much i know, but thanks anyway for sharing. godbless you. i am a fan.

@ Anton: I stayed with a Couchsurfing member in Kolkata, a blog reader in New Delhi, and in Rahul’s Guesthouse in Varanasi. Look for my review of Rahul’s in TripAdvisor. I also have a review there of the hotels I stayed in Agra and Jaipur.
    Aleah recently posted..Things to Do in Puerto Princesa, Palawan

• Godders said:

Im planning visit indian required ba talaga bank statment at credit card.. If ever.. Gusto ko lang idouble check

• mahendra singh said:

Hi Aleah , there is a my friend she is from phillipines and she is working in liberia as a researcher ,during her veccations she want to visit india just for 7 days , please tell me what is the proceedure to get the tourist visa because there is not any embassy in thi d country .

@ Godders: As I said in my post above, the immigration officers at Kolkata didn’t ask for my bank and credit statements.
    @ Mahendra Singh: If she has a Philippine passport, then she can avail of the tourist visa on arrival in the cities mentioned above. Regarding the process and requirements, please refer to my post, everything’s there.
    Aleah recently posted..An Encounter in Berlin

• liza said:

hi gusto ko mgtravel this sept.02 to mumbai i want visa on arrival..so anung gawin ko?? kailangan bng punta mona sa embassy ng indian phils. or direct to book roundtrip ticket..others documents…

• MithunOnThe.Net said:

I landed on this website when looking to confirm the kind of visas Filipinos get upon arrival in India. While you guys get visa on arrival, we Indians have to apply for visa in advance and only get 21 days to see Philippines. Sadly, this year I had a terrible experience applying for my visa, all thanks to a vile *Indian* woman at the Philippines Consulate in Chennai. This was the ordeal I went through: http://mithunonthe.net/2013/09/10/chennai-consulate-philippines-visa-problem/
    MithunOnThe.Net recently posted..The crap I went through to get my Philippines tourist visa this time

• Elda said:

Aleah, did u took a travel insurance when you traveled in India? thank you :)

• jen said:

do bangalore allow visa on arrival?? im planning to go in bangalore on march 2014.. hope for response

• katya_alex said:

Hi!

do you have an idea until what time can we avail the tourist on arrival visa? we’ll be arriving near midnight in new delhi. we want to be sure that they are still accepting around that time. we just booked and confirmed our flight today plus we still have another visa to process so we dont have enough time to apply for a tourist visa in BSL.

thanks! any idea is appreciated.

@ Liza: Hi! Did you push through with your trip?

@ MithunontheNet: I read your post, and boy, was that woman the devil! Am glad I didn’t encounter anyone like her ever!

@ Elda: Nope :D

@ Jen: Yes, Bangalore is now included.

@ Katya_Alex: As long as there’s a flight, there will always be people at the Immigration accepting visa on arrival.
    Aleah recently posted..Saying Goodbye to Kunsthaus Tacheles in Berlin

• mhary said:

Hi aleah visa on arrival in india is it true? They are not strict? How much is the ticket and the cheapest?which airline,? Please i would love to know pls reply:;

• Jaqui Lynn said:

Hello Aleah.

I’ve been to other countries and I wish to add up India in my list. Did you go there on a tour? Was it through an agency or something? Based on your experience, can you give me a rough estimate of how much I would need to visit there, e.g. accommodation, food, travel, etc. What places did you visit. I get overwhelmed when I see the map of India. It is a big country and it seems that I would take me eternity to visit all the states. Been to Sri Lanka and wished to fly to Kerala state that time, but VOA is issued only in selected ports of entry. Thanks much for blogging your India travel. Hope to hear from you soon =)

@ Mhary: I took Air Asia in going to Kolkata. Round trip, from Manila (Manila-KL-Kolkata) cost P10,000. It was easy for me to get the visa; I don’t know if it would be the same with other travelers.

@ Jacqui Lynn: I planned the trip on my own, I didn’t use a travel agency. For 3 weeks and 6 cities, I spent $500. I will write my itinerary on my Indian trip next week. Please wait for it :)
    Aleah recently posted..Celebrating Begnas Festival in Sagada

• Jane said:

hi aleah!

I’m bound for india for training, thanks for the tips, few thing related to traveling is not clear to me yet, but I’m sure i will be enjoying my stay there. I hope the airport atmosphere, i mean the people in the airport are in good mood when I arrive, para walng hassle.

@ Jane: Good luck in your trip, and let me know how it goes!
    Aleah recently posted..Backpacking India in 3 Weeks

• asba979 said:

I dont have bank account statement or credit. Card ,pwede ba atm card na lang.?or cash na lang in US. Dollar,as proof of. Financial standing.?how much kaya nid?

• MeL said:

Ate pde rin nman po bng kumuha ng TVOA dto sa philippines db? and my availble pa bng promo sa air asia?thnks.

• Heart said:

Hello po Miss Aleah, your site po is very informative.. ask ko lang po sana am from Cebu and would like to travel in India and i’d really would like to know about how much will it cost me for the plane ticket It’ll be my first time to travel,and can you also give me more info about flights..kasi i checked sa mga air flights site there are connecting flights and am confused about it..Thank you Po..God Bless YOU

@ Asba979: As I said in my post, my bank statements weren’t needed. Cash (or debit card) for your stay there may be enough, though again, they didn’t ask me for that.

@ Mel: TVOA means “tourist visa on arrival” which means you will get that *on arrival* in India. You won’t get that here in the Philippines.

@ Heart: There’s no cheap direct flights from here, so look online for flights to Kuala Lumpur, and from Kuala Lumpur to Kolkata. I used Air Asia, so my tickets were Manila-Kuala Lumpur-Manila and KL-Kolkata-KL. Immigration officers may ask you why you’re traveling to India for your first trip abroad, and if you can’t present a satisfactory answer, you may have the risk of getting denied boarding. Please read the other comments here.
    Aleah recently posted..3 Things to Do in Budapest for Lazy Travelers (Like Me)

• Cha said:

Hi I just came back from Delhi 2 days ago. And I thank you ms. Aleah for the information and inspiration. It was my 1st time to travel abroad alone. I had no problems availing the tvoa in India. Actually it was more stiff going thru our immigration in NAIA coz they held me for few more interrogation when I told them im meeting a friend I met online(I shouldnt hv mentioned it but I got nervous and im not a good liar so >_<). They weren't aware of tvoa coz they were asking me why I didnt apply for visa or maybe theyre just playing dumb I dont know. Anyway I had the most incredible experience in India and will definitely go back there.

• bea said:

hi, so im planning to go toindia, TVOA, and its hassle free right?you dont need the booking of hotel because im going to stay at my friends house. hope you’ll answer thanks!

• Heart said:

oh my,,so there is a possibility that I get denied? actually my plan to get there is to travel and at the same time meeting my friend i met online Same as with Cha am really glad to know she were able to travel there but if I may ask, if saying so, that “i want to travel to meet my friend” probably is not a good answer them then what would be?..And Miss Leah do we still have an interview process when we arrive for the second flight? or for the 1 stop maybe with the immigration? My friend there said that he will just send me a ticket how does that work?.Thanks..:)

@ Cha: It’s very good news that you were allowed to board. Some readers here shared that they were denied by our own Immigration officers. Thanks for sharing your experience here!

@ Bea: No, you won’t be asked for hotel bookings. Just bring your friend’s address in case they ask you.

@ Heart: Just say you’re going as a tourist. I wasn’t asked, but maybe because I have a lot of travel experience. The “interview” will be with our Immigration officer who may ask you what you will do there, where you will go, if you have money with you, etc. They don’t ask that when you arrive in India.
    Aleah recently posted..Worshiping the Phallus at the Fertility Shrine in Bangkok

• bea said:

hi its me again, i really appreciate your answer Do i need bank statement? and if ever atleast how much is needed?

• MeL said:

Ms, Aleah is it really need to be credit card or debit card sa payment options ng tcket,,? wla po bng alternative like money trnsfer,,?thnks for sharing some info, and idea:)

@ Bea: As I said above, a bank statement is not necessary.
    @ Mel: It depends on the carrier. Some really require a credit cards, while others will accept debit cards. An alternative for you is to buy via a travel agency instead, and pay in cash.
    Aleah recently posted..My Wishlist: More Christmas Gift Suggestions for Travelers

• MeL said:

Thanks Ms, Aleah,, pero ang mahal ng ticket pag travel agency kumuha ksi nagcanvass ako unlike sa net ,my maisusuggest kb Ms. ALeah na medyo cheap na trvel agncy?Slamat ng marami!

• Cha said:

omg Ms. Aleah I had mixed emotions that time I was even preparing myself to get denied of boarding. But maybe bec of my previous travel abroad, proof of employment and amount of money I declared I have with me made the officer decided to let me go. The officer also had to read our chat messages (sigh) coz I wasnt able to show them email correspondence/invitation. So MS. Heart maybe u should prepare that also. Im going back in June so I think im more prepared now thanks a lot Ms. Aleah coz u really inspire me and ur blog is very informative. God bless you.

• anna said:

aleah!this is so informative.il be going to kolkata ths 21jan.im afraid of being denied as its my first time to travel there.im goin to stay at my friends house and my money is just enuf for two wks.wd i still nd to ask fr my friends bank acct?thanks!

@ Mel: Sorry I have no idea. I don’t use travel agencies eh. I bought my ticket online.

@ Cha: It’s weird that they had to make it hard for you. Usually when there’s previous travel experience abroad, they don’t ask anymore. Am glad you finally made it there though!

@ Anna: Read Cha’s comment (as well as the other comments here). If it’s your first travel abroad, it may be better for you to be over prepared than under. Ask your friend to send you an invitation letter and copy of his ID, just to be safe.
    Aleah recently posted..On Taking Risks and Being Location Independent

• Heart said:

Yup thanx Ms. Cha and Ms. Aleah for all the info’s my friend will soon send me an invitation and his account statement too. I hope it shud be enough and officers will let me board. hehehhe crossing my fingers..

• jheya said:

hi! aleah

Just want to ask something im planning to go there in india, new delhi, so can u give some suggestion, some few tips and what is the first step i should do regarding that tourist visa! thanks

@ Heart: Let us know what your experience will be once you’ve gone there, okay? Good luck!

@ Jheya: All the tips I can give are already in the post. Let me know if you have other questions. Good luck!
    Aleah recently posted..Exploring the Beauty of South Batan in Batanes

• Dan said:

Hi, since this blog helped me in some way when I went to India last Jan. 15 – Jan. 20, I just want to share my experience in using VOA in India.

Anyhow, my boss asked me to go to India for a business dealings this month. To begin with, the last time I was scheduled for that business dealing last year, I applied for a business Visa with BLS and was approved (valid for 1 month) but was not able to use it since that trip was cancelled. It was expensive though, around Php8,000 plus plus but it was paid by my company.

But this time, my boss told me to try the Visa on Arrival so I can fly immediately to India. When I checked the internet, I found this blog. So, I used this blog as a guide (Thanks to Ms. Aleah).

Now back to my experience. When I got to our immigration counter, I was not really questioned by the officer but just asked to see my company ID. Since I have traveled many times to many countries and usually 5-7 days only, he just looked to their database my record. I think they were just confirming my identity and that was all. No other questions asked.

So, when I arrived in India together with my Japanese colleague who also availed the VOA (our port of entry was New Delhi), we went directly to the Visa on Arrival counter which was separated to the immigration counter. We were given some forms to fill up then payment next. But since I read this blog that they only accept Rupees, so we paid in Rupee, but to my surprise, they only accept US Dollar! Then I tried to remember the blog, it said Kolkata! …hahaha… I guess different port of entry means different protocols… Anyway, I have US Dollars with me but my Japanese colleague had only Yen, so I let him borrowed my US$100. But it took as a bit longer to get out from there since they do not have a change for our US$100. Actually there were 3 other foreigners who did not have exact change also. They also thought that they could pay in Rupee or with their credit card. Anyhow, the guys from the counter were able to produce our change. They radioed some staff to bring small US Dollar bills.

Processing was fast actually if they had small bills for change. They did not ask questions like why we are visiting India. Nothing. They just read the form we filled up and gave us our receipts.

I hope my experience could also help those who would like to use VOA to India via New Delhi the same way as this blog helped me too.

Thanks to Ms. Aleah once again for her blog.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Dan! It’s crazy why they only accepted rupees in Kolkata. I mean it’s not so easy to buy Indian Rupees outside of India! Anyway, your sharing has helped others who are going there using the TVOA. Thanks again!
    Aleah recently posted..Exploring the Beauty of South Batan in Batanes

• Pol said:

Hi!I’m planning to visit my friend in delhi this october.where can i book a cheaper tickets?i tried checking in skyscanner but too pricey.

• Fe Siraya said:

hi all,

I am planning to travel to mumbai this july-14 and staying with my friends house.
    kindly advise the documents i should carry with me for visa on arrival at mumbai international airport and also how much rupees.

Do i need sponsor letter from my friend along with their passport copy

• tina said:

Hi ms aleya..im planning to visit india next month.Thank you sa information.Actually natanong na kita regarding TVOA and im so thankful for the info.Kaya lang im more concerned now sa Malaysian entry?Magconnecting flight ako thru malaysia.Ok na ba yon?Wala ng requirements na hihingiin sa atin?Bka kasi may overlook ako at sa malaysia ako mgkaproblema.Do they check sufficiency of funds there also?Do they need to check your cash ?Kasi may nabasa ako minimum of 500usd daw ang kelangan dala to malaysia?Is that true? First time ko kasi magtravel alone and magtravel on connecting flight. Thanks Ms. aleyah kasi im finalizing my booking na sana eh..God bless..:)

• rhona said:

hey..hi..ask ko lng sana..how much money kaya ang need para makapunta ng india..coz was planning to go on june..bka kasi sa phil immigration need pa show money.nd as u said..dina need ang bank account?is it true???

@ Pol: Try Expedia.com or AirAsia.

@ Fe Siraya: Hi Fe! Please read this post. You will find it will answer all your questions.

@ Tina: No questions will be asked on a connecting flight. No need to worry :) And no they will not ask you how much money you have with you. I usually don’t bring a lot because I just use my ATM but in India, it’s a good idea to bring cash.

@ Rhona: No need to show money there. I spent $500 for three weeks in India.
    Aleah recently posted..High Up in the Acropolis, the Sacred Rock of Athens

• Roxo Carl said:

Until now ba eh meron pa rin ung on arrival visa sa india? applicable na iyan if manggagaling ako sa saudi arabia? thanks

@ Roxo Carl: It doesn’t matter where you fly in from. If you have a Philippine passport, this visa on arrival applies to you.
    Aleah recently posted..The Hot Springs of Chiang Dao, Thailand

• janie said:

hi maam aleah… i was reading most of your blog post since i am also planning to travel to india next month.. got my ticket na on my way there but haven’t booked my return ticket yet… and i want to commend you that your posts were really helpful for my planning… i never knew about visa on arrival and how does it works and it’s amazing that there’s that thing… i just wonder if you don’t mind how much should i prepare for my pocket money for a week long stay there? i don’t intend to travel and go from one place to another just like what you did because im on time constraint and on a tight budget too. my initial plan is to go in ahmedabad east part of india. do you have any recommendations for me? any tips perhaps? i need more feedbacks so i can plan this trip well… and just like you, my entry will be in kolkata also. please do help me… i would appreciate it a lot… thank you….

@ Janie: You won’t be able to leave the country without a return ticket, so make sure to buy one before your departure.

I spent 3 weeks in India, going to 6 cities and I spent $500 all in all (excluding plane tickets) so you see it’s not that expensive at all.

I haven’t been to Ahmedabad so I can’t give you specific tips. Food is generally cheap though, and if you’re staying with a friend, then you won’t have to worry about accommodation.

Make use of overnight trains (get the upper bunk) so that you’ll have a feel of what it’s like traveling in India. Howrah Station can be scary, but it’s also very interesting. :) At least it will be a story to tell when you get back.
    Aleah recently posted..The Beer Bars of Antwerp, Belgium